Hello all,

I am new to Lucene and working through the Lucene examples on the Jakarta
site.
In the IndexHTML example,
when I type in (from my Tomcat webapps directory)
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index{index}..

It creates an index, but when I search using
http://localhost:8000/luceneweb/
The page works but I do not get any replies.

Could someone please help me-

1. How do you specify which directory is to be searched
( I assumed it was the current directory ie tomcat\webapps but when I put in
more searchable content nothing comes up in the search
I have also tried typing java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index{content}.. where content is
the directory with the content but this still doesnt work)

2. What is the easiest way to specify fields (such as title, etc) to be
searched?
(i.e. what file needs changed to allow me to search for specific fields)

3. Is there a very simple step by step guide for someone new on how to use
lucene.
(I have looked at Jakartas site but still do not the answers to the above)

Thanking you in anticipation,

Colin.