Hi,

I'm currently trying to get rid of query parser problems with stopwords
(depending on the query, there are ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions,
e.g. for stop AND nonstop where stop is a stopword and nonstop not).

While this isn't hard to fix (I'll enter a bug and patch in bugzilla),
there's one issue left, I'm not sure how to deal with:

What should the query parser return for a query string containing only
stopwords?

And when I think about this, there's another one:
stop AND NOT nonstop
creates a boolean query, only containing prohibited terms, which
AFAIK cannot be used in a search. How to deal with this?

Currently it returns an empty BooleanQuery.
I think it would be more useful to return null in this case.

Morus