setMaxClauseCount determines the maximum number of clauses, which is not your problem here. Your problem is with required clauses. There may only be a total of 31 required (or prohibited) clauses in a single BooleanQuery. If you need more, then create more BooleanQueries and combine them with another BooleanQuery. Perhaps this could be done automatically, but I've never heard anyone encounter this limit before. Do you really mean for 32 different terms to be required? Do any documents actually match this query?

Doug

Karl Koch wrote:
Hi group,

I run over a IndexOutOfBoundsException:

-> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: More than 32 required/prohibited
clauses in query.

The reason: I have more then 32 BooleanCauses. From the Mailinglist I got
the info how to set the maxiumum number of clauses higher before a loop:

myBooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount(Integer.MAX_VALUE);
while (true){
Token token = tokenStream.next();
if (token == null) {
break;
}
myBooleanQuery.add(new TermQuery(new Term("bla", token.termText())), true,
false);
} ...

However the error still remains, why?

Karl