Ardor Wei writes:

> What might be the problem? How to solve it?
> Any suggestion or idea will be appreciated.

The only problem with locking I saw so far is that you have
to make sure that the temp dir is the same for all applications.
Lucene 1.3 stores it's lock in the directory that is defined by the
system property java.io.tmpdir.
I had one component running under tomcat and one from the shell
and they used different temp dirs which is fatal in this case.

Apart from this it depends pretty much on your environment.
I'm using lucene on linux on local filesystems. Other operating
systems or network filesystems may influence locking.

Morus