On Jan 29, 2004, at 9:00 AM, Weir, Michael wrote:
I am fairly new to Lucene and I have noticed a difference between Lucene
1.2RC1 (which came with our build of Cocoon) and the new Lucene 1.3Final.

I am indexing about 400 very small documents, each in 10 languages. The
document contents are basically a product name and description. With Lucene
1.2 my little test takes about 13.2 seconds and when I change to using the
Lucene 1.3 jar file the test takes 38 seconds. I am not using the Snowball
stemmers, and my code is as vanilla as it gets (I think).

Is this a known problem? Or is there a known fix?

There is no known issue. Could you provide an easy-to-run example that demonstrates this difference in speed?