On Feb 17, 2004, at 11:39 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Tuesday 17 February 2004 16:13, Erik Hatcher wrote:
The "words" (or "terms") are already in the index ready to be read very
rapidly and accurately. IndexReader is what you want to investigate if
your fields are indexed.

Look into IndexReader and pull the terms directly rather than
re-"analyzing" the text. Provided "contents" was an indexed field, you

Well, but my index was created using a GermanAnalyzer. I have to re-analyze it
with WhitespaceAnalyzer if I don't want the words to be truncated...

What you do is what I did at the beginning of the thread :-)

*arg* I feel like we are going in circles here.

Why use the GermanAnalyzer at all if it is not what you want? Re-index!