I would think your best bet is to index each "section" as a separate Document, with a field that refers to the HTML file itself somehow.

Erik

On Mar 11, 2004, at 7:43 PM, Ashwin Shripathi Raj wrote:

Hi,

 I have a large HTML document broken up into sections.
On a search, I need to retrieve only the sections in
which the keyword was found. Does Lucene support
passage retrieval or do I have to split up the HTML
file into seperate documents and return their name as
the result.
What am looking for is the return of the section names
or target spots in which the keywords were found.

Thanks,

Raj

=====

www.cse.buffalo.edu/~sg47