From: "Nader S. Henein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Lucene Users List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 12:42 PM
Subject: RE: Segments file get deleted?!

Can you give us a bit of background, we've been using Lucene since the first
stable release 2 years ago, and I 've never had segments disappear on me,
first of all can you provide some background on your setup and secondly when
you say "a certain period of time", how much time are we talking about here
and does that interval coincide with your indexing schedule, because you may
have the create flag on the Indexer set to true so it simply recreates the
index at every update and deleted whatever was there, of course if there are
no files to index at any point it will just give you a blank index.

Nader Henein