From: Kevin A. Burton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 1:01 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: 'Lock obtain timed out' even though NO locks exist...

James Dunn wrote:

>Which version of lucene are you using?  In 1.2, I
>believe the lock file was located in the index
>directory itself.  In 1.3, it's in your system's tmp
>folder.

Yes... 1.3 and I have a script that removes the locks from both dirs...
This is only one process so it's just fine to remove them.

>Perhaps it's a permission problem on either one of
>those folders.  Maybe your process doesn't have write
>access to the correct folder and is thus unable to
>create the lock file?

I thought about that too... I have plenty of disk space so that's not an
issue.  Also did a chmod -R so that should work too.

>You can also pass lucene a system property to increase
>the lock timeout interval, like so:
>
>-Dorg.apache.lucene.commitLockTimeout=60000
>
>or
>
>-Dorg.apache.lucene.writeLockTimeout=60000

I'll give that a try... good idea.

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.