Thanks,  James... That solved the problem.

On May 26, 2004, at 4:15 PM, James Dunn wrote:

Gilberto,

Look at the IndexWriter class.  It has a property,
maxFieldLength, which you can set to determine the max
number of characters to be stored in the index.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/ IndexWriter.html

Jim

--- Gilberto Rodriguez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am trying to index a field in a Lucene document
with about 90,000
characters. The problem is that it only indexes part
of the document.
It seems to only index about 65,00 characters. So,
if I search on terms
that are at the beginning of the text, the search
works, but it fails
for terms that are at the end of the document.

Is there a limitation on how many characters can be
stored in a
document field? Any help would be appreciated,
thanks....

Gilberto Rodriguez Software Engineer  370 CenterPointe Circle, Suite 1178 Altamonte Springs, FL 32701-3451  407.339.1177 (Ext.112)  phone 407.339.6704  fax [EMAIL PROTECTED]  email www.conviveon.com  web  This e-mail contains legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named within the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, the recipient is hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please notify me by reply e-mail and delete the original message.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gilberto Rodriguez