On May 26, 2004, at 6:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It looks like its because I'm using the SimpleAnalyzer instead of the
StandardAnalyzer. What is the SimpleAnalyzer to this query to make it not
work?

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/AnalysisParalysis

It is a good idea to analyze the analyzer. Do a .toString output of the Query and you'll see clearly what happened.

        Erik

Thanks, Reece

--- Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
Hi,

I have a bunch of digits in a field. When I do this search
it returns
nothing:

  myField:0000001085609805100

It returns
the correct document
when I add a * to the end like this:

myField:0000001085609805100*
<--
added the *

I'm not sure what is happening here. I'm thinking
that Lucene
is doing some number conversion internally when it sees only
digits. When
I add the * maybe it presumes it is still a string.

How do I get a string
of digits to work without adding a *?

Thanks,
Reece

For
additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]