On Jun 9, 2004, at 1:05 PM, Don Gilbert wrote:
I'm particularly interested in the XPath stuff I saw in LGQueryParser.

* xpathFieldParse 'xpath' parser: param allfields[], with query or field[] possibly having wild-card notation: *.start annotation.*.text allowing '/' and '.' field separator

This is an *unfinished* attempt to support xpath style queries with
wild-cards or parts when you have indexed XML data, such as

  query: /annotation/*/text:term

I had to put this aside when I saw the problem of pulling the xpath
fields from a query string would take a fair amount of thought and code.

Keep us posted if/when you return to this. I would love to see XPath query capability on "hierarchical" content indexed in Lucene. Jakarta Slide, for example, is starting to build in Lucene indexing capability - although I don't think they are doing anything with XPath query expressions yet.

Anyone doing anything similar?  Implementation ideas?