Otis,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I was copying the file to a brand new hard-drive
and it was formatted to FAT32 by default, which is
probably why it couldn't handle the 13GB file.

I'm converting the drive to NTFS now, which should get
me through temporarily.  In the future though, I may
break the index up into smaller sub-indexes so that I
can distribute them across seperate physical disks for
better disk IO.

Thanks for your help!

Jim
--- Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>