On Jun 24, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Ryan Sonnek wrote:
I'm using lucene-1.4-rc3 and trying to optimize the size of our index and decrease search times. our index has several fields that we need to search and sort by, but only one field that we actually retrieve from the hits document. I tried creating all fields as unstored, except for the one I need, except now all searches fail (0 results). Is this the correct way to do this or did I misunderstand the documentation?

Perhaps you converted some Keyword fields to Unstored? If that is the case, then you added tokenization which might be getting in the way of what you expect.

Could you provide an example of what you indexed and how you are searching? (succinct code works the best to remove ambiguity)