Hello Don,

I've never seen this, and I'm pretty sure it's not really Lucene's
fault.  Lucene is aware only of segments/files listed in segments file.
 Could it have anything to do with that ColdFusion code that wraps
Lucene by any chance?

Regardless, it's probably not the best practise to store non-Lucene
files in a Lucene index directory.  I suggest you store that log
elsewhere, and avoid any issues that way. :)

Otis

--- Don Vaillancourt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm using Lucene to build collections from ColdFusion which I've got
> working pretty good so far.  But I am getting the following exception
> for
> some reason that I can't understand and never used to get before.
>
> Below is the stack trace for that error.  Lucene is telling me that
> it
> cannot delete a file named 'query_1088174609733.log' which I create
> in the
> same folder as the Lucene collections.  I don't understand why Lucene
> is
> trying to delete this file.  I have verified that I am creating a new
>
> collection and not updating an existing one.
>
> Anyone have any ideas.
>
> Thanks
>
> java.io.IOException: couldn&apos;t delete query_1088174609733.log
>          at
> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.create(FSDirectory.java:166)
>          at
> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.<init>(FSDirectory.java:151)
>          at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:132)
>          at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:160)
>          at Index.getIndexWriter(Index.java:154)
>          at Index.update(Index.java:83)
>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>          at

>          at

>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>          at coldfusion.runtime.StructBean.invoke(StructBean.java:326)
>          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:1650)
>          at

cfindex2ecfm778374439.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\prism\prism376\Lucene\index.cfm:58)
>          at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:147)
>          at
> coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:357)
>          at
> coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:62)
>          at

coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:107)
>          at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:80)
>          at
> coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:24)
>          at
> coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:47)
>          at

coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
>          at
> coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:35)
>          at
> coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:43)
>          at
> coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
>          at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:105)
>          at
> jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
>          at
> jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
>          at

jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:252)
>          at

jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
>          at

jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:192)
>          at

jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:348)
>          at

jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:451)
>          at

jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:294)