On Jun 25, 2004, at 1:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Can anyone give me advice on the best way to not have your keyword fields
analyzed by QueryParser?

Even though it seems like it would be a common problem, I have read the FAQ,
and found this relevant thread with no real answers.

http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
he.org&msgId=1235589

"QueryParser has some nasty habits of analyzing everything."

Try searching the archives for NullAnalyzer or KeywordAnalyzer... then use a PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper, with a special "analyzer" defined for your keyword fields.

Can't it be smart and not analyze fields that are keywords (aka not
tokenized by the analyzer?)

This would be a major non-trivial change to make, I'm afraid. You're currently best sticking with the above advice at this point.