Hello all,
Now that lucene 1.4 rc3 has sorting functionality built in, I am adding sorting
functionality to our searching. Before posting any question to this mailing list, I
have been going thru most of the email responses in this mailing list related to
sorting. I have found that I cannot tokenize the fields that I want to sort on.

Lets take the example I have.
I use lucene 1.3 final for searching. Sorting is in fact a very important feature in
our application. But we found that lucene does not support out of box, we had to
implement sorting by score and doc id programatically which is kind of useless for us.
So I thought lucene's new sorting feature will best suit now. But unfortunately, the
field called "title" is tokenized currently. And this is done purposefully because
users would want to search partial matches (or rather search on multiple words of the
title). So if we make it un tokenized we may lose an improtant functionality.

My question is, is there any way I can achieve sorting the objects by title and
keeping title as tokenized?

Thanks in advance.

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"