Can you recommend an analyzer that doesn't discard '*' or '/'?

--- Lucene
Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The first thing you'll
want to check is that you are using an Analyzer

> that does not discard that
'*' before indexing.  StandardAnalyzer, for

> instance, will discard it.
 Check one of Erik Hatcher's articles that

> includes a tool that helps you
see what your Analyzer does with the any

> given text input.  You can also
use Luke to see what your index

wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I'm trying to search for a term that contains an
asterisk.

> > This

> > is the field that I indexed:

> > - new Field("testField",
"Hello *foo bar", true,

> > true, true);

> > I'm trying to find this
document by matching '*foo':

> > - new

> > TermQuery(new Term("testField",
"*me"));

> > I've also tried to escape the

> > * like this:

> > -
new TermQuery(new Term("testField", "\\*me"));

> > Neither

> > of
these queries return this document.  Is this type of search

> > possible
with

> > Lucene?

> > Thanks.

> For
additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]