On Jul 15, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Morus Walter wrote:

Joel Shellman writes:

What do I need to do so that wildcard searching will work on this? I am
using the same analyzer for indexing and searching (otherwise the first
search wouldn't work either).

Check what query is produced (query.toString(...)).
I guess that query parser which seems to be what you are using does not
support wildcards within `"'.

Right... when you use double-quotes, a PhraseQuery is implied, and it has no support for wildcards (currently).

Check the AnalysisParalysis page on the wiki for some insight into how to go about trouble-shooting things like this. First is to eliminate QueryParser and see if you can make a query through the API that matches what you're after.