Hi all,

I have a question related to reindexing of documents with lucene.
We want to implement the functinality of rebuilding lucene index.
That means I want to delete all documents in the index and to add newer versions.
All information I need to reindex is kept in the database so that I have a Term ID, which is unique.

My problem is that I don't have a deleteall() method in IndexReader, and I don't have undelete(int) and undelete(Term)
methods. I have only delete(Term) and undeleteAll() methods that can be used for this action.

I would like to delete all documents (just mark as deleted). Add the new documents o the index and create a list of documents that were not succesfully indexed,
(from different reasons, that may depend on lucene or on our code). At the end I would like to restore (mark as undeleted) the documents in the list and to optimize the
index, so that the changes to be permanetly commited in the index.

Is this possible witout hacking lucene code? Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Sergiu