Probably it will be a good idea to provide the stack trace of the error you get.
It's a little bit hard to guess the error in the code you provided.

 Sergiu

xuemei li wrote:

hi,all

I am using lucene to search.It works fine before I put the code into the
doPost of servlet.But after that it will throw exception when I use
servlet.
This is the exception sentence:
           IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);
             hits=searcher.search(query);-->exception

What's the problem?What is the difference between servlet java program and
non-servlet java program?

Any reply will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Xuemei Li