You have to re-index. Updating is not currently possible, at least not without really low-level hacks.

        Erik

On Aug 13, 2004, at 8:23 AM, Demetrio Zenti wrote:

I apologise if it's a stupid question...

I index Document objects having 2 fields:
 - 1° representing file name. It's code is
   Field fieldPath = new Field("FIELD_FILENAME", filename, true, false,
false);

 - 2° representing body of this file
   Field fieldSize = new Field("FIELD_CONTENT", filebody, false, true,
true);

I've indexed all documents of a folder, let's say C:\tmp, and of its subfolders. Now I rename C:\tmp into C:\temp, and I want to update index, but I don't want to reindex all documents, because sometimes it's much expensive.

Is there any way to update a field of a Document (in this case
"FIELD_FILENAME") without reindexing?

Thanks

   Demetrio