From: "Grant Ingersoll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: spanish stemmer

Ernesto,

http://snowball.tartarus.org/texts/introduction.html might help w/ your
understanding.  The link provides basic info on why stemmer's are valuable
(not necessarily any insight on how the Spanish version works).  Of course,
they don't solve every problem and in some cases may make things worse.

A stemmer is not required to return a whole word.

Hope this helps.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 8/23/2004 9:29:30 AM >>>
Hello

I use the Snowball jar for implement my SpanishAnalyzer. I found that the
words finished in 'bol' are not stripped.
For example:

In spanish for say basketball, you can say basquet or basquetbol. But for
SpanishStemmer are different words.
Idem with voley and voleybol.

Not idem with futbol (football), we not say fut for futbol. But 'fut' donīt
exist in spanish.

you think that I are correct?

you can change this?

Ernesto.