Woo hoo for Otis and Erik!

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
For Lucene in Action Erik and I wrote a little extensible framework for
indexing various documents, including MS Word.  We used POI, so the
solution works on Winblows, UNIX/Linux, OSX....  I think the code is
bit too big for the list, but the book will be out soon.  Erik and I
are going through copy and tech editing right now.  POI:
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi .

Otis

--- Don Vaillancourt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I could ber wrong, but I don't think that there is an indexer for
word
documents.

There's a Python version of Lucene called Lupy with a Python indexer
for
all sorts of document types (http://www.methods.co.nz/docindexer/).
Would anyone be willing to port those over.  Although the MSWord
indexer
only words on MSWindows and you may need MSWord for it to work.  Man,

that's no good.

I think that we'd need to ask the OpenOffice people for help on this.

Santosh wrote:

Can lucene be able to search word documents? if so please give me

information about it

regards
Santosh kumar

-----------------------SOFTPRO

DISCLAIMER------------------------------

Information contained in this E-MAIL and any attachments are
confidential being  proprietary to SOFTPRO SYSTEMS  is 'privileged'
and 'confidential'.

If you are not an intended or authorised recipient of this E-MAIL or
have received it in error, You are notified that any use, copying or
dissemination  of the information contained in this E-MAIL in any
manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Please delete it

immediately

and notify the sender by E-MAIL.

In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or further

dissemination

of this E-MAIL is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

SOFTPRO SYSYTEMS does not REPRESENT or WARRANT that an attachment
hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.

The opinions expressed in this E-MAIL and any ATTACHEMENTS may be
those of the author and are not necessarily those of SOFTPRO

SYSTEMS.

*Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development
*
*WEB IMPACT INC.*
phone: 416-815-2000 ext. 245
fax: 416-815-2001
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
web: http://www.web-impact.com

/ This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
/