Hi,

I'm new in Lucene and I want to use in a website to manage some
documentation: Bacally users can add or modify existing documents and
users can search the documents.
And I have some questions about concurrency, I have been reading the FAQ
and searching the mailing list. But I still have some doubts:

That I understand:

I can use IndexWriters and Searchers concurrently. But if I add
documents I have to close and reopen the Searcher to be able to search
the new documents.

I can't use concurrently IndexReaderż? I read this in the faq. but it's
2001 and I don't know if Lucene now can manage it:

Can I modify the index while performing ongoing searches ?

Yes and no. At the time of writing this FAQ (June 2001), Lucene is not
thread safe in this regard. Here is a quote from Doug Cutting, the
creator of Lucene:

     /The problems are only when you add documents or optimize an
     index, and then search with an IndexReader that was constructed
     before those changes to the index were made. /

It is all this correct?

What I want is what I said: That users will be able to add, modify and
search documents.  And that when a user adds or modifies a document it
is disposable instantly for the searches
It's lucene good to do this, or I need to much index closing an opening?
I have to take into account something more about the concurrency aside
of what I have asked?

A lot of thanks in advance,