Hi,

I am indexing plain xml files , total size of which is around 100 MB. I am
creating two indexes for different modules, and they are stored in different
directories as I am not merging them. The problem is that the combined size
of these indexes is about 300 MB, ( 3 times the data size), which is in
contrast to the 35% I have read it should create.
Both these indexes have different fields and different data is stored in
them and hence there is no duplication occuring.

I have one indexwriter for each index. After both the indexes have been
created, I am simply calling optimize on these two writers and closing them.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I am using writer.addDocument(doc).

Regards,
Niraj