Thanks Erik,

will try to play with it

                      Erik Hatcher

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "Lucene Users List" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      utions.com>              cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Concatinated search
string in not working!
                      03.09.2004 16:34

                      Please respond to        Category:
|-------------------------|
                      "Lucene Users                            | ( ) Action needed

                      List"                                    | ( ) Decision needed

                                                               | ( ) General
Information |

|-------------------------|

The "Keyword"-ness of a field is only at indexing time, and not
something known about at query time.

You need to use a different analyzer for that field.  Check out posts
on KeywordAnalyzer and PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper - this combination is
the secret :)

             Erik

On Sep 3, 2004, at 9:55 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Trying to search by two fields I got nothing.
>
> The fields where  created like:
>
> String provider =....
> doc.add(Field.Keyword("provider", provider));
> InputStreamReader input = new InputStreamReader( new
> ByteArrayInputStream(
> document.add(Field.Text("contents", input ));
>
> Searching code looks like:

>    public class NeisQueryParser extends QueryParser{
NeisQueryParser(){
PorterStemAnalyzer is used