Jeez, Erik!  Where's your sense of public spirit ;-)

Terry

PS: Glad to hear you're (finally!) nearing publication.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Erik Hatcher
  To: Lucene Users List
  Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 6:43 AM
  Subject: Re: Lucene Book

  On Sep 7, 2004, at 3:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  > I am new to Lucene. Can anyone guide me from where i can download free
  > Lucene book.

  Free?!

  http://www.manning.com/hatcher2 is the book Otis and I have spent the
  last year laboring on.  It has been a long hard effort that is about to
  come to fruition.  Lucene in Action is in copy/tech editing right now
  and will be pushed into production very shortly.  There will be some
  chapters, as always with Manning, available for free download once the
  book has been typeset (probably even before physical copies are
  available).  We have not decided which chapters we'll make available
  for free yet.

  I hope a few folks buy it - it would be a shame for my kids to go
  without food ;)