I don't understand the difference in using + and - in queries compared to using AND and NOT. Even the Query Syntax document seems a bit confused. In the section on the NOT operator it says:

> To search for documents that contain "jakarta apache" but not "jakarta lucene" use the query:

"jakarta apache" NOT "jakarta lucene"

Then in the section on the - operator you read this:

> To search for documents that contain "jakarta apache" but not "jakarta lucene" use the query:

"jakarta apache" -"jakarta lucene"

So what's the difference?

--
Bill Tschumy