Honey George wrote:

Hi,
I know some of them.
1. PDF
+ http://www.pdfbox.org/
+ http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html
- I am using this and found good. It even supports

My dated experience from 2 years ago was that (the evil, native code) foolabs pdf parser was the best, but obviously things could have changed.

     various languages.
2. word
  + http://sourceforge.net/projects/wvware
3. excel
  + http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=1074230

-George
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Anyone know of any reliable parsers out there for
pdf word excel or powerpoint?

For powerpoint it's not easy. I've been using this and it has worked fine util recently and seems to sometimes go into an infinite loop now on some recent PPTs. Native code and a package that seems to be dormant but to some extent it does the job. The file "ppthtml" does the work.

http://chicago.sourceforge.net/xlhtml

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]