If i have rightly understood, you mean to say that the query for search has  to be

"Group1" AND "Hello" (if hello is what I want to search ?)

Cocula Remi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A keyword is not tokenized, that's why you wont be able to search over a part of it.
You'd rather use a Text fied.

About creating a special field :
IndexWriter Ir = ....
File f = ....
Document doc = new Document();
if (f.toString.startsWith("C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\Group1")
{
doc.add(Field.Text("group", "Group1"));
}
if (f.toString.startsWith("C:\tomcat\webapps\Root\Group2")
{
doc.add(Field.Text("group", "Group2"));
}
doc.add(Field.Text("content", getContent(f)));
Ir.addDocument(doc);

Then you can search in group1 with query like that :

group:Group1 AND rest_of_the_query.