Pardon the mild advertising interruption - I'm giving a 3 hour tutorial on Lucene at ApacheCon next month. Time is running out for meeting the pre-registration numbers, so I'm encouraging folks that are already going to ApacheCon but have not registered yet to please do so. And if you are undecided, maybe a Lucene tutorial would be enough to persuade you to come.

One nice thing for attendees of ApacheCon tutorials, they take away handouts that I'm preparing. I'm copy/pasting sections of the Lucene in Action manuscript so that attendees will get plenty of details on tricky issues with analysis, parsing query expressions, sorting, filtering, and more.

I hope to see you there!

        Erik

... now back to your regularly scheduled Lucene technical discussions