Hi,

Index side information:

No. of indexes: Two (to explain better I call these as index_a and
index_b).

Fields in index_a: x and y.
Fields in index_b: y and z.

I have written a multisearch code like this.

Searcher search_a = new IndexSearcher(LOCATION_OF_INDEX_A);
Searcher search_b = new IndexSearcher(LOCATION_OF_INDEX_B);
Searcher[] searcher = new Searcher[2];
searcher[0] = search_a;
searcher[1] = search_b;
MultiSearcher searcher = new MultiSearcher(searcher);

I am getting the following results,

x:<query>                      - WORKS
x:<query> AND y:<query> - WORKS
x:<query> AND z:<query> - DOESN'T WORK

Is this expected behavior?

My question is, Can MultiSearcher be used to search on indexes with
different fields? If yes, could you please correct the above code.

Thanks,
-Sreedhar