This is not a normal behavior, unless you are running on Windows and have searchers open for that long that are still locking the segments (but then they would be in deletable...).

What version of Lucene are you running? At some point during the past two months there were a few days when CVS snapshot would have had this problem. If you are running from CVS, try the latest release and see if this occurs again.

Dmitry.

Edwin Tang wrote:

Hello,

I'm seeing in my index directory some segment files that are not included in the
segments or
deletable files. These segment files show their last modified date to be anywhere
between a couple
of days ago to a few weeks ago. I'm wondering why these files are not contained inside
segments or
deletable. Is it safe to delete them manually?

Thanks,
Ed