Hi,

(First of all : what is the plurial of index in english ; indexes or indices ?)

I want to search into several indexes (indices ?).
For that, I parse a new query using QueryParser or MultiFieldQueryParser.
Then I search my indexes using the MultiSearcher class.

Ok, but the problem comes when different analyzer are used for each index.
QueryParser requires an analyzer to parse the query but a query parsed with an
analyzer is not suitable for searching into an index that uses another analyzer.

Does anyone know a trick to cope this problem.

Eventually I could run a different query on each index to obtain several Hits objects.
Then I could write some collector that collects Hits in the order of highest scores.
I wonder if this could work and if it would be as efficient as the MultiSearcher . In
this situation does it make sense to compare  the scores of two differents Hits.