Hi!

First of all, I've read about BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses, so I know that it
has a 1024 Clauses
limit by default which is good enough for me, but I still think it works
strange.

Example:
I have an index with about 20Million documents.
Let's say that there is about 3000 variants in the entire document set of this
word mask: cab*
Let's say that about 500 documents are containing the word: spectrum
Now, when I search for "cab* AND spectrum", I don't expect it to throw an
exception.
It should first restrict the search for the 500 documents containing the word
"spectrum", then it
should collect the variants of "cab*" withing these documents, which turns out
in two or three
variants of "cab*" (cable, cables, maybe some more) and the search should
return let's say 10
documents.

Similar example: When I search for "cab* AND nonexistingword" it still throws a
TooManyClauses
exception instead of saying "No results", since there is no "nonexistingword"
in my document set,
so it doesn't even have to start collecting the variations of "cab*".

Is there any path for this issue?
Thank you for your time!

Sanyi
(I'm using: lucene 1.4.2)