K Kim writes:

> I just started to play around with Lucene.  I was
> wondering if searching and indexing can be done
> simultaneously from different processes (two different
> processes.)  For example, searching is serviced from a
> web appliation, while indexing is done periodically
> from a stand-alone application.
>
> What would be the best way to implement this?

simply do it.
The only things you have to keep in mind, is
a) you cannot have more than one process/thread writing to lucene
b) an index reader/search will not see updates unless it's closed
   and reopened.

So all you need is your web app and your indexing process and some
way to inform the web app after indexing, that it should reopen the index.

Morus