Hello;

Hopfully I understand the question.

1. Modify the indexDoc(file) method to consider the file type pdf:

else if (file.getPath().endsWith(".html") ||
file.getPath().endsWith(".pdf")) {

2. Create a specific branch of code to create the lucene document from the
file type and than add it to the index:

if (file.getPath().endsWith(".pdf")) {
      try {
       Document doc = LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(file);
       writer.addDocument(doc);
      } catch (Exception e) {
       System.out.println("INDEXING ERROR: Unable to index pdf document: "
           + file.getPath()
           + " "
           + e.getMessage());
      }
     }

Note: Ensure you do step 2 for the case when uidIter != null and when it is
equal to null.

That should do it.

Concerning pdfbox make sure you have all the jars required. I had a little
trouble getting this going at first. It needs log4j.jar to run. If you have
any problems with the appenders I found this message thread helpful.
http://java2.5341.com/msg/32909.html

Luke