Is there a way to use Lucene stemming and stop word removal without using the
rest of the tool?   I am downloading the code now, but I imagine the answer
might be deeply burried.  I would like to be able to send in a phrase and get
back a collection of keywords if possible.

I am thinking of using an intermediary solution before moving fully to Lucene.
I don't have time to spend a month making a carefully tested, administratable
Lucene solution for my site yet, but I intend to do so over time.  Funny thing
is the Lucene code likely would only take up a couple hundred of lines, but
integration and administration would take me much more time.

In the meantime, I am thinking I could use perhaps Lucene steming and parsing
of words, then stick each search word along with the associated primary key in
an indexed MySql table.   Each record I would need to do this to is small with
maybe only average 15 userful words.   I would be able to have an in-database
solution though ranking, etc would not exist.   This is better then the exact
word searching i have currently which is really bad.

By the way, MySql 4.1.1 has some Lucene type handling, but it too does not have
stemming and I am sure it is very slow compaired to Lucene.   Cpanel is still
stuck on MySql 4.0.* so many people would not have access to even this basic
ability in production systems for some time yet.

JohnE