On Dec 1, 2004, at 7:44 AM, petite_abeille wrote:
We create a ArrayList Object and Load all the Hit Values into them and
return
the same for Display purpose on a Servlet.

Talking of which...

It would be very handy if org.apache.lucene.search.Hits would implement the java.util.List interface... in addition, org.apache.lucene.document.Document could implement java.util.Map...

That way, the rest of the application could pretend to simply have to deal with a List of Maps, without having to get exposed to any Lucene internals...

Thought?

Having Hits implement List sounds nice, but it could not function by itself if the backing IndexSearcher/IndexReader is closed or is not accessible. Wouldn't it be too tempting for naive users to consider passing this List around between tiers and forget about the reader?

Having Document implement Map sounds reasonable to me though. Any reasons not to do this?