If I were you, I would first use Luke to peek at the index.  You may
find something obvious there, like multiple copies of the same
Document.
Does your temp index 'overlap' with A index in terms of Documents?  If
so, you will end up with multliple copies, as addIndexes method doesn't
detect and remove duplicate Documents.

Otis