Hm, if you can index 11, you should be able to index 8 as well.  In any
case, you most likely want to make sure that your Analyzer is not just
throwing your numbers out.  This may stillbe up to date:
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=538308

See also: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowTo

Otis