From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 6:54 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: HITCOLLECTOR+SCORE+DELIMA

On Dec 10, 2004, at 7:39 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> I am still in delima on How to use the HitCollector for returning
> Hits hits
> between scores  0.2f to 1.0f ,
>
> There is not a simple example for the same, yet lot's of talk on usage
> for
> the same on the form.

Unfortunately there isn't a clean way to stop a HitCollector - it will
simply collect all hits.

Also, scores are _not_ normalized when passed to a HitCollector, so you
may get scores > 1.0.  Hits, however, does normalize and you're
guaranteed that scores will be <= 1.0.  Hits are in descending score
order, so you may just want to use Hits and filter based on the score
provided by hits.score(i).