Gururaja H wrote:

Hi !

Have two applications.  Both are supposed
to write Lucene index files and the WebApplication is supposed to read
these index files.

Here are the questions:
1. Can two applications write index files, in the same directory, at the same time ?

if you implement the synchronisation between these 2 applications, yes

2. If two applications cannot write index files, in the same directory, at the same time. How should we resolve this ? Would appriciate any solutions to this...

... se 1. and 3.

3. My thought is to write the index files in two different directories and read both the indexes
(as though it forms a single index, search results should consider the documents in both the indexes) from the WebApplication. How to go about implementing this, using Lucene API ? Need inputs on which of the Lucene API's to use ?

If yor requirements allow you to create to independent indices, than you can use the MultiSearcher to search in both indices.
Maybe this will be the most cost effective solution in your case,

Best,

 Sergiu

----

Thanks,