On Dec 22, 2004, at 12:04 PM, M. Smit wrote:
Problem is though that I'm a little reluctant storing the data Field.Text instead of Field.UnStored, because of the shear size of the documents and the multitude I would like to index (say some 100paged * 2k documents). But than again, it's size versus go-back-in-the-db-and-do-your-thing. Can anyone comfort me on these figures?

Highlighter does not mandate you store your text in the index. It is just a convenient way to do it. You're free to pull the text from anywhere and highlight it based on the query.

Furthermore, you are saying that the highlighter takes care of the corresponding field/words for me and pull up a context snippet? Ouch, why haven't I stumpled upon the sandbox....

See a screenshot of it here: http://www.lucenebook.com (going live within a week!)

The Lucene in Action source code (available at http://www.manning.com/hatcher2) has code examples - look at the HighlightIt class.