Gosh, I'm really sorry for the number of posts I'm making.

Again, to recap; I'm writing a Directory, a SQL-based one.

>From what I can tell, in IndexWriter, my directory's close method is never
getting called. I don't know why, because the calling code calls
IndexWriter.close, and with the constructor I'm using, it should set
"closeDir" to true.

I have a class that extends Directory, and I explicitly write data to
System.out in this method- placeholder stuff so I know the method's been
called. But I don't see anything, which tells me either it's not getting
called or the output's getting lost - and the latter isn't very likely
because OTHER similar logs seem to work.

Is there a simple reason the close() isn't being called in my subclass?