After babbling endlessly about an RDMS directory and my lack of success
with it, I've created a project on java.net to create a Lucene JCA
component, to allow J2EE components to interact with a Lucene service.
It's at https://lucenerar.dev.java.net/ currently.

It's very crude. In current form, in fact, it's able to add a *specific
string* and search with *a specific query*, which is entirely useless -
it's in "the plumbing works!" stage, really.

But I'd like to throw it out for your awareness and consideration, because
while there's definitely a feature list I want to have (add, search, and
delete), I'm definitely cognizant that my use cases may not satisfy the
community-at-large's needs, and thus I'd love to know what you think such
a component should do, and how, if possible.