OK, OK ... I'll buy the book. I guess its about time since I am deeply
and forever in love with Lucene. Might as well take the final plunge.

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 9:12 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Stemming

Hi Kevin,

Stemming is an optional operation and is done in the analysis step.
Lucene comes with a Porter stemmer and a Filter that you can use in an
Analyzer:

./src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/PorterStemFilter.java
./src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/PorterStemmer.java

You can find more about it here:
http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=stemming
You can also see mentions of SnowballAnalyzer in those search results,
and you can find an adapter for SnowballAnalyzers in Lucene Sandbox.

Otis