Hi,

On page 52 of Lucene in Action (Indexing > Controlling the indexing process >
Batch indexing by using RAMDirectory as a buffer) I read:

"A more sophisticated approach would involve keeping track of RAMDirectory's
memory consumption, in order to prevent RAMDirectory from growing too large."

I've taken a look at Runtime.totalMemory() and so on but I didn't figure out
how to use these functions to prevent an OutMemoryException while using
RAMDirectory that way.

Any idea?