De : Greg Gershman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : jeudi 27 janvier 2005 17:29
À : lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Reloading an index

I have an index that is frequently updated.  When
indexing is completed, an event triggers a new
Searcher to be opened.  When the new Searcher is
opened, incoming searches are redirected to the new
Searcher, the old Searcher is closed and nulled, but I
still see about twice the amount of memory in use well
after the original searcher has been closed.   Is
there something else I can do to get this memory
reclaimed?  Should I explicitly call garbarge
collection?  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Greg Gershman